Duration: 3 Years
Limited seats are available for this programme
This programme leads to the integrated postgraduate programme in (subject to meeting the eligibility criteria): M.Sc. in Mathematics
- In the first two years of study, all three subjects (Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics) are taught
- In the third year, only Mathematics course will be taught, leading to the final degree awarded: B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics.
The programme is built on the four paradigms to study science: Theory, Experiment, Data Analysis and Simulation. In the first two formative years, the focus is given on Computer Science training in the current, modern context. This includes: The use of a computer more as a tool for problem solving, Data Structures with Python, Database or Information system (including associated lab work), Data Visualization, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Web Technology and Design.
- 10+2 years of schooling from a recognized board (CBSE or equivalent)
- Either passed or appeared for Final exams at XII level before Admissions Test
- XII Standard: 55% or more (English) and 60% or more (Aggregate including English). If not appeared for XII Standard exams, X and XI Standard marks will be considered.
- Age: preferably below 19 years on 31 May in the year of admission
Mathematics: Multivariable Calculus, Foundations of Mathematics
Computer Science: Introduction to Information System, Introduction to Information System (Practical)
Statistics: Introductory Statistics
Mathematics: Linear Programming, Methods of Ordinary Differential Equations
Computer Science: Problem Solving using Computers, Python Lab (Practical)
Statistics: Probability Theory and Distributions
Mathematics: Introduction to Real Analysis, Introduction to Linear Algebra
Computer Science: Data Visualization, Data Visualization Lab (Practical)
Statistics: Statistical Inference
Mathematics: Real Analysis, Algebraic Structures I
Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence, Fundamentals of Linux/Unix Systems Lab (Practical)
Statistics: Applied Statistics
Mathematics: Complex Analysis, Topics in Linear Algebra, Topology, Elective I, Elective II, Software Lab I – Introduction to C Programming (Practical)
Mathematics: Algebraic Structures II, Numerical Methods, Methods of Differential Equations, Elective III, Elective IV, Software Lab II – Data Structure and File Handling using C (Practical)