For Women and Men
Duration: 2 Years
The M.Sc. in Mathematics Programme provides a broad-based knowledge of mathematics to students through core courses that cover the areas of Analysis, Algebra, Geometry, Differential Equations, Probability & Statistics, Operations Research, etc. The syllabus also provides one software laboratory course in each of the four semesters, which will enable hands-on experience with various programming languages, software packages and in working in different platforms. In order to develop a deep understanding and skill in chosen areas, the programme provides different streams of electives.
- Students have an option to specialize in Computer Science or Actuarial Science
- 10+2 years of schooling and 3 years of university (total 15 years) as recognized by SSSIHL
- Either passed or appeared for Final exams at Bachelor’s degree level before Admissions Test. If not appeared for Bachelor’s degree final exams, aggregate marks in all the preceding Years/Semesters put together will be considered.
- Only candidates with a B.Sc. in Mathematics or other B.Sc. programmes (M/P/C or M/E/S or M/P/CS) with a major/specialization in Mathematics are eligible to apply
- Familiarity with the following is mandatory for admissions:
Mathematics: Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability Theory, Real Analysis, Group Theory, Ring Theory, Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, and Numerical Analysis
Computer Science: C Language Programming
- Age: preferably below 23 years on 31 May in the year of admission
Curriculum is empty