For Women and Men
Duration: 2 Years
The M.Sc. in Mathematics program offers students a comprehensive understanding of mathematics through fundamental courses in key areas such as Analysis, Algebra, Geometry, Differential Equations, Probability & Statistics, and Operations Research. Additionally, the program includes software laboratory courses in the first two semesters to provide students with practical experience in programming languages. The program also offers four elective streams, including Computer Science, Mathematical Analysis and Applications, and Actuarial Science to specialize. The mini-project, Term paper and Dissertation components help students develop expertise and research skills in their specific areas of interest.
Areas of specialization
Options for men & women:
Options for men only:
- 10+2 years of schooling and 3 years of university (total 15 years) as recognized by SSSIHL
- Either passed or appeared for Final exams at Bachelor’s degree level before Admissions Test. If not appeared for Bachelor’s degree final exams, aggregate marks in all the preceding Years/Semesters put together will be considered.
- Only candidates with a B.Sc. in Mathematics or other B.Sc. programmes (M/P/C or M/E/S or M/P/CS) with a major/specialization in Mathematics are eligible to apply
- Familiarity with the following is mandatory for admissions:
Mathematics: Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability Theory, Real Analysis, Group Theory, Ring Theory, Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, and Numerical Analysis
Computer Science: C Language Programming
- Age: preferably below 23 years on 31 May in the year of admission