Duration: 2 Years
A masters programme for students with a background in science and engineering alike that teaches students the theoretical foundations of Computer Science as well as practical knowledge regarding computer systems. This is achieved primarily through core theoretical courses. In order to impart working knowledge and programming for solving problems, the program is designed to have a software lab associated with each of the courses. A well-structured list of electives from various areas like Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Data Analytics, High Performance Computing, Software Systems, etc. enable students to specialize in frontier areas of computer science. A comprehensive Viva voce and project work in the second year prepares graduating students with the necessary knowledge and skills for the next stage of their careers upon graduation.
- Either passed or appeared for final exams of one of the following:
a) M.Sc. in Mathematics / M.Sc. in Physics / M.Sc. in Computer Science / M.C.A., or
b) B.E. in Computer Science / B.Tech. in Computer Science
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (B.E. / B.Tech.) in Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering (with a background in Computer Science*) and Information Technology (with Mathematics background) are eligible to apply
- Familiarity with the following is mandatory for admissions:
Mathematics: Calculus of one and several variables, Sequence and Series, Linear Algebra and Matrix Theory, Differential equations and Laplace Transforms, Mathematical logic.
Computer Science: Data Structures and Simple Algorithms, Computer Organization and Architecture, Data communications and Networks, Database Systems, Languages Translators
- Age: preferably below 28 years on 31 May in the year of admission
* implies an adequate, formal training and qualification from a recognized institution or relevant Computer/IT industry/academic experience for a minimum period of 5 years