Post-Doctoral Research Fellow – Full-time (Men’s Campus)
No. of Vacancies: 1
Application Deadline: 20 April 2021
Salary: 50,760/- (inclusive of 8% HRA)
A potential post-doctoral position is available in the field of “Antimicrobial Resistance” for a period of 3 years under an ICMR funded project. The successful candidate will participate in a research project focused on characterizing the mechanisms involved in the emergence of antibiotic resistance among uropathogenic enterobacteriaceae. The candidate will have access to highly collaborative research and clinical teams with expertise in the required areas of research. Experience in working under BSL-2 facility will be given additional weightage.
The post is temporary and for a maximum duration of 3 years.
- A good academic record with a Ph.D. and background knowledge in Clinical Microbiology and Molecular Biology
- Working knowledge of handling clinically isolated bacteria is a prerequisite
- The candidate must demonstrate competency in bacterial culturing, identification, growth kinetics, MIC detection; molecular techniques such as PCR, qRT-PCR, western blot and cloning
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of the research team, and ability to analyze and communicate experimental results clearly to other team members is required
- Exceptional work ethic, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Appreciation and willingness to live a disciplined life as per the code of conduct of the University, based on the basic human values as enunciated by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba is essential
HOW TO APPLY
Download the SSSIHL Employment Application form to your computer.
Fill in the SSSIHL Employment Application PDF form in Adobe Acrobat.
Email the completed Application Form along with other attachments, scanned copies of degree certificates and corresponding marks lists to [email protected] before the closing date of application with the subject line: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow – Biosciences
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview.