Assistant Professor in Biosciences – Full-time (Women’s Campus)
No. of Vacancies: 1
Application Deadline: 12 July 2023
Salary: As per UGC scales
Advt. No.: SSSIHL/23-24/BioSci/ACA/009
The Assistant Professor (woman) should be able to teach the undergraduate and postgraduate courses including practical. She should handle the following subjects: Genetics, Evolution, Microbiology, Human Genetics, Ecology, Biochemistry, and Immunology.
In addition, she will be required to actively participate in extra-curricular activities involving students which forms an important part of the Sri Sathya Sai System of values-based integral education and any departmental work assigned to her.
1. Must have a Master’s degree in M.Sc. in Biosciences/Botany/Zoology and a B.Sc. with Botany & Zoology at Bachelor’s level
2. A PhD in Botany or Zoology or Microbiology
3. Must be actively engaged in research – with evidence of published work (a minimum of two research papers in peer reviewed journals)
4. (i) A Master ‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
4. (ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: In addition to the above:
- Proficiency in English is necessary to effectively communicate with students
- Appreciation and willingness to live a disciplined life as per the code of conduct of the University, based on the basic human values as enunciated by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba is essential
HOW TO APPLY
Download the SSSIHL Employment Application form to your computer.
Fill in the SSSIHL Employment Application PDF form in Adobe Acrobat.
Email the completed Application Form along with other attachments, scanned copies of degree certificates and corresponding marks lists to [email protected] before the closing date of application with the subject line: Assistant Professor- Biosciences
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.