The activities of the devotional dimension enable a student to connect to his/her Divine inner Self, resulting in a calm, focused & intuitive mind. This inner connection opens the heart and brings forth the feeling of love, compassion and empathy for fellow human beings.
The key elements of the Devotional Dimension, include the following:
- Bhajans (Sankirtan)
- Vedic chants and stotrams
- Meditation & Silent sitting
- Suprabhatam (prayer at dawn)
- Assembly (college prayer)
- Brahmarpanam (food prayer)
- Kshama Prarthana (night prayer)
When done collectively, these everyday practices of prayers, listening to talks on topics related to morals and values and listening to Vedic changes or singing bhajans has a profoundly positive impact on the student’s mind and heart.