Professor – Biosciences - Full-time (Men’s Campus)
No. of Vacancies: 1
Application Deadline: 25 August 2022
Salary: As per UGC scales
The Professor will teach courses in Biosciences to the students of the M.Sc. Biosciences programme. He must have substantial knowledge of Botany / Plant Sciences, and should be teaching courses like Plant Tissue Culture / Plant Biotechnology / Plant Systematics at PG level.
Additionally, he will be required to actively participate in extra-curricular activities involving students. This forms an important part of the Sri Sathya Sai System of values-based integral education.
- An eminent scholar with a Ph.D. in Biosciences/ Plant Tissue Culture / Plant Biotechnology / Plant Systematics. He must be actively engaged in research—with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications, books and/or research/policy papers—all of which must be of high quality
- A minimum of 22 years of teaching experience at university/college level, and/or experience in research at the university/national level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at the doctoral level
- Should have proven track record in obtaining research grants from national and international funding agencies as a principal investigator
- Significant contributions to educational innovation, design of new curricula/courses and the teaching/learning process
- Proficiency in English is necessary to effectively communicate with students
- Appreciation and willingness to live a disciplined life as per the code of conduct of the University, based on the basic human values as enunciated by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba is essential
HOW TO APPLY
Download the SSSIHL Employment Application form to your computer.
Fill in the SSSIHL Employment Application PDF form in Adobe Acrobat.
Email the completed Application Form along with other attachments, scanned copies of degree certificates and corresponding marks lists to [email protected] before the closing date of application with the subject line: Professor – Biosciences
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.