Professor – Biosciences - Full-time (Men’s Campus)
No. of Vacancies: 1
Application Deadline: 25 July, 2023
Salary: As per UGC scales
Advt. No. : SSSIHL/23-24/BioSci/ACA/011
The Professor will teach courses in Biosciences to the students of the M.Sc. Biosciences programme. He must have substantial knowledge of Botany / Plant Sciences, and should be teaching courses like Plant Tissue Culture / Plant Biotechnology / Plant Systematics at PG level.
Additionally, he will be required to actively participate in extra-curricular activities involving students. This forms an important part of the Sri Sathya Sai System of values-based integral education.
1) (i) An eminent scholar with a Ph.D. in Biosciences/ Plant Tissue Culture / Plant Biotechnology / Plant Systematics. He must be actively engaged in research—with evidence of published work with a minimum of 13 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2 of the UGC notification No. F.1-2/2017(EC/PS)
(ii) A minimum of 22 years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
2) An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above) / industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he has ten years’ experience.
3) Should have proven track record in obtaining research grants from national and international funding agencies as a principal investigator
4) Made significant contributions to educational innovation, design of new curricula/courses and the teaching/learning process
Note: In addition to the above:
5) Proficiency in English is necessary to effectively communicate with students
6) Appreciation and willingness to live a disciplined life as per the code of conduct of the University, based on the basic human values as enunciated by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba is essential
HOW TO APPLY
Download the SSSIHL Employment Application form to your computer.
Fill in the SSSIHL Employment Application PDF form in Adobe Acrobat.
Email the completed Application Form along with other attachments, scanned copies of degree certificates and corresponding marks lists to [email protected] before the closing date of application with the subject line: Professor – Biosciences
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.