The Department of Management and Commerce (DMC) & the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (DMACS), SSSIHL organized a workshop titled ‘Future of Work’ on 27-28 January, 2023 at the Muddenahalli Campus.
The workshop saw eminent industry professionals speak to the future workforce on preparing for the impact that digital transformation, automation, and AI will have on various functions in an organisation.
The speakers were:
- Sri L. Ganeshkumar, Practice Head – Hi-Tech, Communications and Media, L&T Technology Services, Bangalore
- Sri Vivekananda Bharathi, Head of Growth, JoinMyTrip, Chennai
- Sri Mohit Sethi, Senior Vice-President, KrypC, Blockchain, Bangalore
- Sri Sathya Sai Mudigonda, Adjunct Faculty, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, Prasanthi Nilayam
- Sri Sai Prasanna Annamalai, Software Engineer, Azure Storage, Microsoft India, Bangalore
- Sri Shoubhik Bose, VP & Head, Risk & Regulatory Data Platforms, Wells Fargo, Bangalore
- Sri N. Harish, Co-founder – “Save right”, Building Hyperlocal Robo advisory app in Fintech, Bangalore
- Sri Vivek Mandhata, Partner at Boston Consulting Group (BCG), Chennai
- CA. Punith Kumar, Associate Director, PwC India, Bangalore
- Sri Upendra Sai Matsa, Director – Consulting Services, LatentView Analytics, Chennai
- Sri Natarajan Jagannathan, President & Chief Operating Officer, Karur Vysya Bank, Karur, Tamil Nadu
The workshop commenced with a Prayer and the Lighting of the Lamp. The Deputy Director, Muddenahalli Campus, Sri. B. Venkataramana welcomed the audience to the workshop. The inaugural address was then delivered by the Registrar (acting), SSSIHL Prof. Pallav Kumar Baruah, followed by an address by Dr. R Raghunatha Sarma, the Head of the Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science. The Chief Guest’s address was delivered by Prof. B Sai Giridhar, Vice-Chancellor (acting), SSSIHL.
The students had an enriching experience participating in the hands-on and interactive sessions that eventually helped them realise the importance of continuous learning and adapting in an age where technological advancement is fast paced and critical to survival and growth.